NOTE: Please verify this information with your local consulate or emabassy. Visa/Passport information can change at any time.
Greece is a signatory to the 1995 Schengen Agreement. For further details about passport/visa regulations within the Schengen area, see the introductory section, How to Use this Guide.
- Greece refuses admission and transit to holders of passports issued by Bophutatswana, Ciskei, Transkei and Venda; holders of travel documents issued by Macedonia (Former Yugoslav Republic), unless accompanied by a special visa form; holders of Somalian passports issued or extended after 31 January 1991; Norwegian Fremmedpass or Reisbevis; Ethiopian emergency passports; holders of travel documents issued by the area of Cyprus not controlled by the government of Cyprus; holders of UN laissez-passers; and holders of Turkish travel documents with visas or stamps indicating previous or planned visits to Cyprus.
- Some nationals may have to register with the Aliens Department of the nearest police station within 48 hours of arrival. It is advised to contact the nearest Embassy/Consulate to determine whether this is necessary prior to travel.
Passport valid for at least three months after period of intended stay required by all except:
- EU/EEA nationals with a valid national ID card and with sufficient funds for their length of stay;
- Nationals of EU states, Monaco and Switzerland with valid national ID cards;
- Nationals of EU countries and Switzerland with passports valid for periods of intended stay.
Required by all except the following:
- Nationals of the countries referred to in the chart above for stays of up to 90 days;
- Nationals of Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Honduras, Hong Kong (SAR) (blue and red passport holders), Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep), Liechtenstein, Macau (SAR), Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland, Uruguay, Vatican City and Venezuela for stays of up to 90 days;
- Those continuing their journey to a third country within 48 hours, provided holding tickets with reserved seats and other documents for their onward journey, except: nationals of Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Congo (Dem Rep), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic and Turkey, who always need a visa, even if transiting by the same aircraft.